Education Positions Available with Congregation Kol Emeth’s Office of Lifelong Learning, Palo Alto
Posted by challahbackgirl on June 24, 2010
Education Positions Available with Congregation Kol Emeth’s Office of Lifelong Learning, Palo Alto www.kolemeth.org/programs/youth-education
From Religious School classes, to teen programs, to administrative assistance, Kol Emeth has some wonderful employment opportunities for the right people! Join our caring, talented and creative staff and experience Jewish education from behind the scenes. These positions have different time requirements and salary scales. For interest in any position, please email Rabbi Laurie Matzkin at email@example.com with a letter of introduction and resume.
- 5th grade educator, afternoon Religious School. Seeking an energetic, creative, kid loving Jewish educator to lead our 5th grade religious school class. We meet Tuesday/ Thursday afternoons (4-6pm) at Congregation Kol Emeth in Palo Alto. The 5th grade class experiences Jewish history through their own lives with stories, art projects, family tree research, and a new “graphic novel” style textbook. Students in this class will uncover patterns in the Jewish Diaspora – the creative ways we have survived and thrived in different host cultures – from the Destruction of the Temple, through the Golden Age of Spain and the German Emancipation, all the way to the roots of Jewish life in America. Salary commensurate with experience; additional compensation for professional development time.
- K-2nd grade Shabbat educator. Seeking a friendly, enthusiastic and accessible educator with knowledge of Jewish prayer and the skills to make it exciting, spiritual, and fun for Kol Emeth’s young participants and their parents. Lead a 45-minute Shabbat morning service followed by a Shabbat-friendly Weekly Parsha class using drama, storytelling and movement. We are open to having two different educators for the class and the service. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Jewish Youth Education Coordinators. Seeking two individuals to assist Rabbi Matzkin in Kol Emeth’s Lifelong Learning Office. These part-time positions support both the formal and informal elements of Jewish education throughout our synagogue. Strong interpersonal and administrative skills are the backbone of this position as well as creativity in marketing, communications, and event planning. Each JYE Coordinator will spend approximately 12 hours/ week assisting Rabbi Matzkin with Religious School related activities and 6 hours/ week advising one of our Youth Groups (Kadima or USY). Youth Group preparations are often during business hours but events may be held on Sundays. A more specific list of job responsibilities is available from the Lifelong Learning Office.
- NEW High School Teen Tzedek educator. Seeking a dynamic, justice-driven teen educator to co-teach a new class with our senior rabbi, David Booth. The class will focus on 3-4 issues of local and global social justice utilizing classical Jewish texts to guide us, local resources and organizations to inform us, and our own hands and minds to lead us to action. This class will be open to 9th-12th graders through Kol High, Congregation Kol Emeth’s Tuesday night teen program, with additional service learning projects planned in conjunction with the rest of the staff. Salary commensurate with experience.
- NEW Young Family Coordinator. Seeking a friendly and organized individual to enhance programming for younger families at Kol Emeth. This is a 1-year trial position of 10-15 hours/week with the goal of growing our relationships with the “birth-2nd grade cohort.” Responsibilities will include recruitment around Making Room for Shabbat, Torah for Tots, the Family Service and the Baby Shabbat/ Baby Chavurah programs. Additional focus will include building relationships with our local preschools (Jewish and otherwise) towards the goal of growing our Religious School and other programs for the younger demographic.