Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 beef brisket – (5 to 7 lbs)
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 TBSP cider vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 can beer – (12 oz)
- Season brisket well with seasoned salt.
- Sprinkle or rub meat with brown sugar, then drizzle with vinegar.
- Cover with chili sauce using back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with beer.
- Bake at 325° uncovered 2 hours. Cover and continue cooking until done, 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove meat from gravy and cool.
- Allow gravy to cool. Skim fat. Add water to dilute, as gravy will be a little strong.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Slice meat, then place slices in an oven-proof casserole.
- Cover with gravy and seal tightly with foil.
- Heat at 325 degrees until very tender, another 45 to 90 minutes.