My college house mates loved this, we made it quite often.
Makes one loaf
- 8 TBSP 1 (stick) butter, at room temp.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9″ x 5″ x3″ loaf pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt together, stir in whole wheat flour in a separate bowl.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in bananas, vanilla and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 min., then on rack.